You by now know that I am an advocate of Independent Designers and their sewing patterns. If fills my heart with joy to see designers get together to share their knowledge and help each other out.
Seamster patterns have gathered 21 Independent designers to be involved with Sew Indie Month.
Over the month designers will be posting tutorials and having pattern giveaways. There is a Sewing Indie calendar showing when who is posting where!
Also as part of the month they are holding a grand sew along with over $1000 in prizes.
There are 4 categories
- an indie love affair – hosted by Wanett of Sown Brooklyn
- make a garment or outfit using patterns from two or more designers
- dressed to the nines
- a special occaison outfit – hosted by Laura of Lilacs and Lace
- everday casual
- covering everyday wear and wardrobe basics – hosted by Jenny of Cashmerette
- pattern hacking
- modifying a pattern for more than just fit – hosted by Rhonda of Rhonda’s Creative Life
All of the competition details can be found at Seamster Patterns. Post about your entries on your blog, Kollobora or Pattern review and link through the category hosts announcement post. Entries close on 4th June.
This is a fabulous event and I encourage you to participate and support these Indie Designers.